UltraViolet Universal is Terrible
My Oblivion DVD came with a digital download copy from UltraViolet. I headed over to the UltraViolet Web site to download it. My experience went something like this:
- The site looks like the result of a “my first ASP.NET Web page” tutorial.
- I entered the code into the site and was redirected to Flixster.
- One of the account options for Flixster is to “sign in with a Google account.”
- I’m then prompted to create a password for my new account. (So to what extent did I “sign in” with my Google account?)
- The Flixster Web site is almost as bad (admittedly, ABP stops half of the site from functioning).
- Flixster fails to register the import.
- Typing in the code again gives an error — it’s already been used.
- Support site says this happens a lot (might want to look in to that) and suggests logging out and back in again.
- I can’t log in with the new password I just created — the details aren’t recognised.
- The “forgot password” link yields no e-mail, so now I have to sign in using the Google route.
- Yep, the film is listed in my collection now.
- “Please download Flixster Desktop to watch your movie.”